University of Michigan Acceptance Rate, GPA Requirement, SAT, ACT Score
University of Michigan acceptance rate, SAT requirements, and testing requirements for admission, including the University of Michigan ACT and GPA requirements are clearly outlined below.
University of Michigan Acceptance Rate
If you want to pursue a degree at the University of Michigan, then you first need to know the acceptance rate, GPA requirement, and SAT/ACT score. This will help you to know if the school is competitive or not.
University of Michigan admission is very selective. The acceptance rate at the University of Michigan is 22.9%. This means that for every 100 applicants, only 23 are offered admission. Students that gain admission to study at Umich have an average ACT score of 33-34 or an average SAT score between 1435-1530.
This indicates that the school is extremely selective. The school has a holistic admissions process. Thousands of students submit an application each year, but only a select few gain admission to study their preferred program. So you need to prepare well before applying.
It’s important to satisfy their GPA and SAT/ACT requirements in order to pass their initial screening process and demonstrate your academic readiness. Your chances of getting admitted are slim if you don’t meet up with the requirements.
After overcoming this obstacle, you need to surprise the Umich admission committee with your personal statements, essay, letters of recommendation, and extracurricular activities.
University of Michigan GPA Requirements
If you want to further your education at the University of Michigan, the first thing you undoubtedly want to know is what GPA is required for Umich.
Umich does not state a specific cutoff point for the Grade Point Average (GPA). But it’s unlikely that your application will be accepted if you don’t have a high GPA. You should strive for a GPA of at least 4.0 or an average GPA of 3.88 if you wish to attend Umich.
University of Michigan’s average GPA requirement is 3.88.
- With a 4.0 GPA, you have a relatively good chance of getting accepted.
- With a 3.75 to 3.99 GPA, you have a decent chance of success.
- A GPA between 3.50 to 3.74 makes Umich a reach school.
- GPAs between 2.50 to 3.49 gives you an extremely low chance of success.
- Anything below 2.50 means you will most likely not be accepted.
University of Michigan SAT Requirements
The average SAT score at Umich is 1435 on the 1600 SAT scale, making the University of Michigan extremely competitive for SAT test scores.
- SAT score of 1340 would put you in the 25th percentile of Umich applicants
- SAT score of 1530 would put you in the 75th percentile of applicants
University of Michigan ACT Requirements
University of Michigan’s average ACT score is 34, making the institution extremely competitive for ACT scores.
- ACT score of 31 would put you in the 25th percentile of Umich applicants
- ACT score of 34 would put you in the 75th percentile of Umich applicants
Standardized testing requirements vary from school to school. The SAT or ACT are typically required, and many schools also demand SAT subject assessments. To submit an application to Umich, you must take the SAT or ACT examination. More importantly, a strong application requires achievement.
In summary, if you have an ACT score of 34 or an SAT score of 1530, you will be in a stronger position and above the average applicant.
Having a high GPA and a high ACT/SAT score will increase your chance of getting admission. But if your SAT/ACT scores and GPA doesn’t meet their requirements, you’ll probably be rejected without much thought.
You should strive for a 1530 SAT or a 34 ACT in order to have the highest chance of being admitted, which is the 75th percentile. A 4.0 GPA or above is also required. If your GPA is low, then your SAT/ACT score must be high to cover up.
General Requirements for Admissions
- High School GPA Scores are recommended
- School Records are required
- Submit Recommendation Letters are required
- Standardized Test Scores (SAT, ACT,) are required
- TOEFL Exam (Foreign Language Students) are recommended
What Are My Chances of Getting into Umich?
- A GPA of at least 4.0
- An SAT score of 1530 or higher or an ACT score of 34
- A compelling personal essay