Best Online Master’s Degree Programs of 2023
Online master’s degree programs are good for professionals who are willing to change fields or advance in their careers. Online degrees, whether it is a Master of Science in information technology, a master’s degree in education, or an MBA, allow students to balance their studies with a full-time job.
Online master’s degrees are offered by a lot of major universities. You can take your career to the next level by earning a master’s degree in one of these top universities and colleges. A graduate degree is now more accessible than ever thanks to accredited online master’s programs.
Whether you have a busy schedule or a full-time job, an online format offers you the freedom to achieve your academic and professional goals.
How Much Does an Online Master’s Degree Program Cost?
The cost of online master’s degrees varies considerably. The applicant’s location and the amount of research will determine which graduate schools are the most expensive. Along with the conventional methods of funding higher education, financial aid, loans, and other options will also be taken into consideration.
Graduate programs that are most affordable to one person may not be affordable to another. However, there are a lot of authorized online master’s degree programs available. There is always something to fit everyone’s budget because even established universities offer online degree programs.
For the last academic year, graduate students spent an average of $19,792 in tuition and fees, according to the National Center for Education Statistics. For the same academic year, graduate students at public universities paid an average of $12,410. Online students frequently receive tuition discounts and are excluded from campus costs.
A virtual classroom fee is charged by many online programs. A more advanced video conferencing service, like Zoom, can be expensive for online students to use.
Budget for books if you’re a distance learning student. Used books, resources rented from the library, and digital copies are all cost-effective options for students. Additionally, online students require a high-quality computer that they must buy and maintain as well as high-speed internet connectivity.
Some professions, including those in education and medical, call for certification or licensure. These certifications come with further costs.
For career-changing professionals and working adults, online master’s degree programs are the best choice because they provide more options and flexibility when they have a limited amount of time.
Getting a master’s degree will increase your earnings, which is one of the main benefits. A master’s degree may also open up new professional opportunities or promotions that pay better.
So if you are a working adult or just want to change your career path, then below are the best online master’s programs to consider.
Best Online Master’s Degree Programs
- University of Florida
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Texas Tech University
- George Mason University – Best Accounting Program
- Wichita State University – Best Criminal Justice Program
- Western Kentucky University – Best MBA Program
- Southeast Missouri State University – Best for Teachers
- Loyola University Maryland – Best for Cohort-based Learning
- Randolph College – Best for Creative Writing
- Auburn University – Best for Wildlife Sciences
- University of North Dakota – Best Public Research University
- University of Maryland Global Campus
- Colorado State University
- Western Governors University
- University of Central Florida
- University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- University of Cincinnati – Best for Working Professionals
- Kennesaw State University – Best Graduate Certificate Programs
- Indiana University – Best Alumni Reviews
- New Mexico State University – Most Affordable
- East Carolina University
- Texas A&M University – Distance Education
- University of Missouri – Best Journalism Programs
- Colorado State University Global – Best Tuition Guarantee
- SUNY at Albany – Best Public Health Programs
- West Texas A&M University – Most Flexible Enrollment Options
- NC State University – Most Research Grants
- Bellevue University – Most Military Friendly
- Georgia Southern University – Best Master’s in Education Programs
- Fort Hays State University – Best Professional Studies Programs
- Lindenwood University
- Kansas State University – Best Master’s in Engineering Programs
- University of Alabama at Birmingham – Most Flexible
- University of Massachusetts Lowell
- University of Colorado Denver – Best Medical School
- Webster University – Most Personalized Programs
- Arizona State University
- University of Wisconsin-Platteville – Best Lab Facilities
- Liberty University – Best Christian University
- Regent University – Best Communications Programs
- Drexel University – Best Private Research University
- Northeastern University – Best Career Support Services
- University of Minnesota – Best Graduation Rates
- University of Maryland – Best Study Abroad Opportunities
- Boston University – Best Research Opportunities
- Pennsylvania State University – Industry-Leading Faculty
- George Washington University – Most Academically Rigorous
- Michigan State University – Best Personal Enrichment Classes
- Purdue University – Best Computer Science Programs
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill – Best Research Institution
- University of Southern California – Most Distinguished Faculty
- University of Massachusetts Boston – Best for Accelerated Programs
- Golden Gate University – Best for Adult Learners
- Georgetown University – Most Flexible Completion Time
- University of Denver – Best Practice-Based Curriculum
How Long Does it Take to Get a Master’s Degree Online?
The length of an online master’s program will vary depending on a number of variables. One-year master’s programs and even There are programs that last for six-month and there are others that last for one year. Generally speaking, the program that best suits the applicant’s schedule will be the fastest master’s degree online.
There are numerous accelerated degree programs available for working adults. Some programs, by definition, have short time frames. For instance, because a Law LLM degree normally requires one year to complete, it is possible to discover online master’s programs that are only one year long.
On the other hand, earning an online master’s degree that lasts six months typically necessitates extra effort from the candidate. Only the most dedicated students can complete an online master’s degree in the shortest amount of time. Adults who are working can usually advance at their own pace in many accelerated degree programs.